27 May 2012

Life Strategies (I)

After working for so many years, I am still pondering around and have not made any achievement. This book provides me with many insights of what I should do in order to gain progress. I should have my “life manager” as said by the book to monitor my life so that I will not feel regret at the moment I die.


Accompanied with this book is a workbook that allows us to think more deeply about what we did and thought in the past. Actually, I read the workbook first and found the exercises very useful before I looked for the book to read.



Here are some points which are very useful for me:
  • Focus on what must do in order to win.
  • If what you’re doing is not working, change it.
  • You must overcome people’s resistance and excuses and get them to accept your view. You must understand what makes them tick before you can connect with them.
    • What do they value most in their lives?
    • What are their expectancies and beliefs?
    • What resistance or predispositions do they have?
  • Fear among all people is rejection. They need acceptance.
  • To manage people effectively, you must do it in a way that protects or enhances their self-esteem.
  • It takes knowledge about how you developed that negative characteristics.
  • Why you persist with it and how to replace it with more positive, constructive characteristics.
  • If in any part of your life, you are hurt or upset, you own those feelings and are accountable for their presence in your life.
  • You are creating the situations you are in. The solutions lie within you.
  • You never fix your problems blaming someone else.
  • You made the choice.
  • You and only you can choose your reaction to the events of your earlier life.
  • You create your own experience by and through the choices you make everyday. The choice making creates your own experience, because with choice you make comes a certain consequence.
    • When you choose the behavior, you choose the consequences.
    • When you choose the thoughts, you choose the consequences.
    • When you choose the thoughts, you choose the physiology.
  • If you choose thoughts that demean and depreciate you, you choose the consequence of low self-esteem and low self-confidence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment