30 September 2012

Dignity

I like traveling. During the journey, I saw a lot of things and experienced a lot, both good and bad. Below are two incidences that impressed me much.
 

I was in a bus at the Peshawar bus station in Pakistan waiting for departure for Rawalpindi. As the bus still not yet moved, I looked around. Accidentally, I saw at some distant, some young boys were playing football. Suddenly I saw among them there was a boy playing happily. I looked closely. That boy had only one leg! Only one leg could play football! I was very surprised. To me, it was impossible!  A person with such incident could hardly walk easily, not even to mention playing football. I was very impressed by that scene. That boy could face his misfortune by living bravely and happily.


It was in Tibet. One day, I was walking around the city area. Suddenly I could not move. One of my feet was being stuck. When I looked down, I found a child of about five years old lying on the ground and holding my leg tightly. He asked me for money. When I intended to move, he tried to hold my leg even tighter. At that time, I was very angry. I was forced to give him money. I was sad also. The child at so young age had already lost his dignity. He could not look up and walk proudly. What would his future be?


The above are just individual cases only. It does not indicate any good or bad on the people of these two countries, nor any of my preference to Pakistan over Tibet.  


<a href="http://www.linkedtube.com/j3lm7dreXxAeb4c2dbc8b7a261ff17b4f974784d8ea.htm">LinkedTube</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment